Wednesday 16 January 2013

Our bullying workshop

Today we learned an important lesson about bullying:

Each and every person has the right to feel safe in their life and good about themselves.

Our thoughts:

I stick around a friend or someone I can trust.
Oakley

I'll tell them that they are making me unhappy and then walk away.
Caitlin

Tell a teacher or a friend.
Chloe

Tell a teacher and tell your family.
Kea and Katie W

Stand up tall, find a friend or someone you can trust. Reporting bullying isn't telling tales or 'grassing'. You have the right to be safe and you shouldn't be silent if you feel unsafe.

Our messages about bullies:

Don't be afraid to stand up to bullies!
Savannah

Do the stop action if anyone is coming to bully you.
Maryam

If you feel brave, stand up to them.
Caitlin

We've got the power in us, like our song!
Owen H

We have been talking about how to keep away from bullies and how to defend yourself. I'm going to stick with a group of friends, not to bully the bullies but to make sure they stay away.
Oakley

I'm going to defend myself by sticking with a friend.
Holli

I'm going to find a friend and play with them and stay with them.
Jacob

Don't feel like you're alone if you're getting bullied.
Georgia

If you get bullied, stick with a friend. If the bullies come up to your face and start shouting, put your hands up and say NO!

Hannah






3 comments:

  1. WOW 4el you keep up standing up for your selfs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I get bullied ill tell mum or dad but if I'm at school I'll tell a Teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you get bullied, stick with a friend. If the bullies come up to your face and start shouting, put your hands up and say NO! And don't feel like you're alone if you're getting bullied.

    ReplyDelete