Friday 31 January 2014

Subtraction word problems

I can use written methods for subtraction 

 1. There were 72 birds in a tall tree, but 33 of them flew away. How many birds are left in the tree? 

2. I had 56 chocolates in a box, then I ate 24 of them. How many are left? 

3. There were 53 books on my bookshelf this morning. Some children came and took 22 of them. How many books are left? 

4. Eric picked up a book with 42 pages. He read the first 11 pages. How many more pages would he need to read to finish the book? 

5. A comic costs 89p. I have 52p in my purse. How much more money do I need? 

6. I have 35ml of water. I use 23ml. How much do I have left? 

7. I have 65 pounds. I spend 32 pounds. How much do I have left? 

8. I bake 59 cookies. My friends eat 24 of them. How many are left?

No comments:

Post a Comment