Thursday 2 May 2013

Day 2 at Rand

Today was our second day at Rand Farm - here are our best bits!

We got in to two group and we got to milk the cows, feed the calfs and lambs using bottles, we had a tracker ride, we made cookies with chocolate chips, played out side and in the play barn, we had a trip to the wind mill and we spent time with friends.

The 4EL boys:

First we cleaned out the pigs but it wasn't as bad as you think. Then we fed the bull and fed the reindeer. Then we had lunch next to the massive windmill. At the windmill, the stairs were scary going down because you needed to go backwards. When we came back we made soft, delicious COOKIES! Also some people went to the gift shop. Charlie the alpaca spat near us!

I liked eating my wonderful, amazing and brilliant cookie! We went to see the sheep on the field on a tractor ride! A brown calf tried sucking my thumb and it was gross! I had about 6 ice creams. I had vanilla, raspberry and black currant. The man who did the ice cream, he took over from his grandad and his dad and his factory is very clean.

We have been seeing sheep in the field on a tractor and we went to the windmill which was brilliant! Also we had a picnic there which was brilliant!

I really enjoyed cleaning out the pigs, it was more fun than I thought it would be. I really enjoyed going around the windmill and going up to see the different sections of the windmill. I enjoyed eating the delicious cookies. They looked like we'd bought them from a shop! I really enjoyed today and I don't want to leave!! I really enjoyed it when one of the calves was sucking my thumb!

Today was the best day of my life because we got to stroke the cute cows and rabbits and we got to have a hot chocolate at the end of the day with our delicious cookies. My cookie looked just a volcano! Ian from the windmill gave us tasty cakes made with his wonderful flour.

Today was the freakiest day because on the ledge on the windmill you felt like you were going to fall down. When the sails came down, it felt like they were going to hit you!

Ian at the windmill told us a story in the windmill. He said that about 100 years ago there was a big storm and the windmill couldn't stop turning. The machine got so warm, it burnt out and went up in flames. The man who owned the house near the windmill, his baby woke him up and saved the windmill. So the baby was the hero of the story!

This is my best day ever!











2 comments:

  1. Well done for cleaning out the pigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was there to cleaning out the pigs.

    ReplyDelete