Friday 3 May 2013

Rand Farm - Day 3

Today was the last day of our Rand Farm trip.

We went to wood side and we saw meerkats and stroked a baby fox, it looked so cute. We saw lots of fish and Sid the sloth and we went in a bat cave!

We saw the white wolves. They looked like they were going to eat us! They are actually scared of people though! We saw some giant tortoises as well! We also saw a parrot called Polly and a falcon called pedro. He squeaked very noisily but he was very good for a change in the show!

We saw some pig racing! The pink one win two times and the orange one won once!

My favourite part was sensing my favourite animal in person, the meerkats. I liked the way they were pretending to fight and they all worked together using teamwork.

I saw Mrs Dunbar cleaning out the rabbits! I had to do it too and did some teamwork with Caitlin! I also did rabbits!

Cleaning out the pigs was so funny because I thought it would be really bad but it wasn't, it was really good. I was good because we had to work as a team to do it. We volunteered to do it!

Today I milked one of the cows! It felt weird and I found out that cows have four stomachs!

I found out that the microscopic animals inside the hay help the straw to decompose.

I enjoyed the food! Breakfast was really nice because they do the best scrambled eggs I've ever had! All week we got to choose from a massive menu and it was so hard to decide because all the food was gorgeous. I loved the melon!

I saw some sloths and some lemurs! I even saw some up on top of the bars and it was really funny and cute!

I got scared seeing the ratatouille kitchen with the rats in the cooker! And a bat flew close to me and Chloe!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you all had lots of fun, I have enjoyed reading all about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to we fed the lambs cleaned the animals the guinepigs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you all enjoyed rand farm

    ReplyDelete
  4. At rand farm we had a brilliant time.

    ReplyDelete